Capturing the moment
Are you known for your unique perspective behind a lens? Do you love capturing that special moment? Can you take images and lift them from the mundane to the wow? Can you shoot on the fly? Are you willing to travel to rural areas?
If so, then you might be perfect for this role!
Photos are worth a million words and we need someone to capture the beauty and truth behind our work. The ideal candidate is an experienced journalistic/documentary photographer, willing to travel and sensitive to foreign cultures. Our ethnic teams also learn photography as the basis for understanding the lens before moving onto videography, so we need someone capable of teaching non-English speaking learners and passionate about passing on their skills.
This position could be part-time but needs to be based in Chiangmai.
- Photographing our ethnic teams and their cultures
- Photographing major events and behind the scenes on film shoots
- Teaching photography to our ethnic teams
- Editing, exporting and archiving photos
- Helping maintain and improve our stock of camera equipment
- Familiarity with DSLR systems. Currently the Project VIDEO office uses the Canon series.
- Portfolio needed to apply.
Are You Interested?
Help us get to know you by filling out the application form. Submitting an application does not commit you to joining, but it does help us understand your situation and start the dialogue to find the best fit in our team for your skills and passions. For international staff moving to Thailand, we ask for a commitment of at least 3 years for long term staff as the first year is mostly absorbed with language and culture learning.
Unless specified otherwise, all our international staff are self-supported and assignment through a sending agency such as YWAM, Interserve or Wycliffe is preferred.