Guiding mission trips
Do you love interacting with people? Introducing them to new experiences? Travelling? Mission trips?
If so, this may be the role for you!
Service volunteer trips are key to engaging the Western church with our local partners. The Team Host makes sure the experience is educational, culturally sensitive and of course, enjoyable! The ideal candidate is a motivated, flexible and servant-hearted individual willing to be immersed in a foreign culture, travel often and lead mission teams. They will coordinate the itineraries and host our ‘service volunteers’ who visit for usually up
to two weeks, taking them to visit our different studio sites and experiencing the local cultures. They will be based in the Field Coordination office in Chiangmai, Thailand.
• Developing itineraries and organizing the logistics
• Communicating with incoming teams
• Driving the team truck for airport pick-ups
• Travelling with the service volunteers
• Shooting footage of the trip and organizing the editing of the trip report video.
• Organising ‘day off’ activities such as riding elephants, bamboo rafting, hiking, visiting markets and accompanying the service volunteer teams on these activities
• Leading devotions
• High-school graduate and some work experience
• Driver’s license
• Be fairly extroverted and people-oriented • Reasonable level of fitness
• Love travel
• Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and be reasonably competent on a computer for emails, skype etc…
• A background of leading mission teams or a similar equivalent
• An understanding of missions through a course such as Perspectives or an equivalent Bible class would be helpful.
• Previous multi-cultural experience, especially in Asia would be helpful.
Are You Interested?
Help us get to know you by filling out the application form. Submitting an application does not commit you to joining, but it does help us understand your situation and start the dialogue to find the best fit in our team for your skills and passions. For international staff moving to Thailand, we ask for a commitment of at least 3 years for long term staff as the first year is mostly absorbed with language and culture learning.
Unless specified otherwise, all our international staff are self-supported and assignment through a sending agency such as YWAM, Interserve or Wycliffe is preferred.