Up-skilling our teams
Do you love seeing others improve in their media skills and confidence? Does putting together seminars, workshops and one-on-one training times with our ethnic teams excite you? Do you have a passion to see God glorified through media? Can you train on the field as well as in a classroom?
If so, then you might be the one for this role!
Our ethnic teams are growing in number and they all need on-going training to reach their goals of reaching their people through video. Their training is very hands-on and rarely looks like the traditional classroom. Some of our local producers did not have the opportunity to finish high school, and many do not speak English. However, they all have a passion for video ministry and need to be equipped with skills to maximize their equipment package. The training coordinator arranges for their training in a variety of situations. Ideally this person would have a background in video production as well as familiarity with teaching in a non-English speaking environment, probably through translators.
This position is based in Chiangmai, Thailand, but may involve frequent travel.
- Organise seminars and workshops, including finding the appropriate teacher and arranging logistics for the students.
- Will either travel to train ethnic teams one-on-one or arrange for the travel of another media trainer.
- Oversee the assignments of the trainers on the team
- Oversee the development and distribution of curriculum.
- Find out the training needs of each team and plan a strategy to meet those needs.
- Some background in video production or the appropriate tertiary qualification
- Either have at least basic English and advanced Thai or vice versa.
- A portfolio is needed to apply
- Teaching/training experience, especially in a non-English speaking context would also be beneficial.
Are You Interested?
Help us get to know you by filling out the application form. Submitting an application does not commit you to joining, but it does help us understand your situation and start the dialogue to find the best fit in our team for your skills and passions. For international staff moving to Thailand, we ask for a commitment of at least 3 years for long term staff as the first year is mostly absorbed with language and culture learning.
Unless specified otherwise, all our international staff are self-supported and assignment through a sending agency such as YWAM, Interserve or Wycliffe is preferred.