Training local video producers
One of the key services we provide is on-going training to our ethnic teams. This is usually in the form of one or two week seminars or on-the-job training. Our video trainer focuses on developing their movie-making skills. The trainer will usually travel to the ethnic team’s location and either run a workshop or provide practical training through shooting a film. When back in the office, they will be preparing curriculum, maintaining video equipment and contributing their skills to the rest of the team. The ideal candidate needs to be motivated, flexible and servant-hearted individuals willing to be immersed in a foreign culture, work in a team and share their skills. They also need to have good inter-personal communication skills and be able to communicate cross-culturally.
This position could be part-time but needs to be based in Chiangmai, Thailand.
- Develop curriculum, including powerpoints, for video production.
- Organise for the translation of the curriculum into Thai and other local languages.
- Regularly travel to provide training for our teams.
- Work with our ethnic teams to complete video projects and be on hand as a consultant or crew when they are shooting a movie.
- Help new teams get set up.
- Help maintain video equipment and archive footage.
- Some background in video production and/or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Can speak English. Thai or Burmese would also be a bonus.
- Familiarity with training non-English speakers also a bonus
- Familiarity with the Adobe Editing Suite and/or Final Cut
- A portfolio is needed to apply.
Are You Interested?
Help us get to know you by filling out the application form. Submitting an application does not commit you to joining, but it does help us understand your situation and start the dialogue to find the best fit in our team for your skills and passions. For international staff moving to Thailand, we ask for a commitment of at least 3 years for long term staff as the first year is mostly absorbed with language and culture learning.
Unless specified otherwise, all our international staff are self-supported and assignment through a sending agency such as YWAM, Interserve or Wycliffe is preferred.